Thursday, January 10, 2008

Tonight I will unapologetically drink red wine



Tonight, I will unapologetically, drink red wine,
I will drink until it has become unfashionable and I have become one of those girls’ I never wanted to be, with red teeth, big hips and round thighs.
Tonight I will not fret about the work left undone on my desk or how I will impossibly finish it before deadline tomorrow.
Tonight I will toast the fact that I made it—to Thursday.
Tonight I will watch trashy tv and not relive the hardships I’ve faced.
I will drink until I don’t remember the other commitments to charities and groups and varsity staff I preemptively made.
Tonight, I will not be the girl in an entry-level position and a smile on my face.
I will not be the girl that tries to give it her all
I will not be the girl that tries to attend 6am kickboxing class or that thinks about how long it has been since her last date.
I will not recall, plan or dwell on my dreams and aspirations.
For tonight, I will unapologetically, drink red wine.

2 comments:

  1. This is amazing!

    Look at you! Funny, true, real.

    I'm glad you're my pal.

    You should submit this to McSweeney's. True story. Make it happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete