Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The beginning of the holiday season means silver bells AND silver foxes!

So, my newest obsession, other than SoapNet, free food and the very important job search, are the salt and pepper colored silver foxes of our great nation. I’m not sure why I am now drawn to them. Maybe it is because I know they could probably tell me some good stories over a snifter of 21-year-old scotch. Or maybe, it is because they, like most Canadians, are funnier than most of the unsilvery sort.

Now, before you get all crazy, I am not talking about the likes of John McCain or Jay Leno – though I will not judge you harshly if you do. Actually, that is a lie. I judge most people, but like a lady, I do it behind their backs. I am talking about the silver foxes with sly wit a coy smile and the sweet sweet aroma of scotch and expensive cologne. I’m talking about the afore mentioned John Slattery, Paul Simon, Richard Gere, and Bradley Whitford (though not technically silver, he was born in the ‘50s and therefore, in principle counts as one in my official silver fox rule book)

Now, I know what you must be thinking, ‘Lauren, you are incorrigible,’ (Please reread the last sentence, but this time with a southern accent), and that may be true. So, I will leave you with this, a holiday song by the ultimate silver fox, Mr. Steve Martin:



God Bless.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for not including anderson cooper in your lists of silvery fox... i would like to suggest george clooney? Post-Rosanne, more in the ER days than his self-indulgent current years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eh??
    http://jezebel.com/5099348/colin-firth-fills-er-up

    ReplyDelete