Monday, March 23, 2009

Government Subsidized

Lets just face the facts, ladies, lets just face ‘em. There are a few innate truths about being a girl. The first is obvious, we just want to have fun, and among other truths, it is simply more expensive to be born with and from a vagina. So, to get to the point, there are a few things I believe the government should subsidize for women. They are as follows:

1. Tampons. I think this is the most obvious item on most “the government should subsidize this and that” lists. We have to have them. Have to. Because we have to have a period, which already sucks, bleeding and such. Why should we have to pay an extra $30 a month for pads and tampons?
2. Alieve. This pretty much goes with number 1. Maybe just 2 bottles a year – let’s not get greedy.
3. Toilet paper. The fairer gender has to wipe both front and back. We use more toilet paper which means more $$$
4. Eyeliner/Mascara/Foundation/blush: I know not all women wear makeup, but most do. And do you know who doesn’t really wear makeup? Yep. Dudes.

Now, I’m not saying I expect the government to pay for my children, cell phone, home or food. But, since I am a lady I have to pay more for all of these things, which decreases my already small paycheck (women make 75 cents to the dollar men make).

Okay. That’s all. Sorry this post is not that great, but I’m real hung-over.

2 comments: