Friday, March 20, 2009

Turning 25, the audasity of it all

Twenty five years ago today I was one week old. I assume in the 2 o'clock hour of March 20th, 1984, I was being held or laying in a crib of some sort, basically just feeling new and stuff. I also presume my presence probably really pissed my older brother off a bit, who at the time, was rounding out his second year. Oh Charles R., how I once held you in the hypothetical palm of my tiny little newborn hand.

25 years later, I've done some schooling, learned to read and write and count. I've saved a life here and there, quoted some movies, made some friends, told some truths and some lies, had a few laughs and a few cries - basically, I became an adult. And what better way to celebrate becoming an adult than with a party.

Okay, this is what I'm getting at, I had a freaking themed party - Sparkly Glasses & Fancy Mustaches; Lauren Christine is 25! - and the theme, well, it was sort of re-re.

But, I did want to thank my friends for being such good sports.

Rachel, you came super prepared, bringing glasses for everyone. That was awesome.
Dan, Mr. Gertrude, you grew a real stachey stache. What a man you are. A tip of my hat to you, sir.
Mandy, my ment, your face may have had a slight affliction against mustache glue, but you looked great.
Ms. Randle, way to be prepared. Way to look awesome in 17 laminated staches of different shapes and sizes.
Strawberry Tree, you play your guitar like a demon.
Lady Monahan, you rushed over after your show opener and lost your glasses in a cab and got drunk really fast, but you still looked great. Thanks for buying me that drink when I said, 'hey, it's my birthday. Go buy me a drink.'
Everyone else, you rock.

Love you all. In the future, I will try to think of better themes.

lcs

1 comment:

  1. Earth Star, you twirl your ribbon like a pro in the moonlight!!!

    ReplyDelete