Friday, May 15, 2009

Shared Text Messages While in the Process of Being an Idiot

Two things:

1. I'm still in the midst of my Spring Break. My throat is raw from speaking over loud bar music, my mouth is peeling from the overly acidic beer and my eyes are doing that really dizzy spinning thing and won't focus. I feel like crap. Last night was the full rev-up to my final, one-time only, blowout weekend to commence my week of idiocy.

I started off at Quartino's with Catherine, Ashley, Jessica and a liter of wine. The next stop was a layover at my place with Catherine and beer before meeting up with Julie and Liz. The three of us ended up closing down 1 restaurant and 2 bars at which point I have memories of then heading to Big City Tap - a late night bar - memories that include Champagne buckets, dancing really awkwardly and Liz kissing me on the cheek 17 times.
Link
I'm not sure how I did it, but I showered when I got home. Thank God. It must have been inspiration from all of the crack-heads and teen gay runaways I passed walking home at 3 in the morning. Ashley had an egg McMuffin sitting on my desk when I arrived at work this morning. If this spring break doesn't kill me, it will only make me stronger.

2. I was texting a lot last night. I looked through my phone this morning with some horror and a dash of surprise sprinkled on top of a clump of embarrassment. Below is a small recap of the texts I sent.

To: Ashley
4:09 pm Thu, May 14
Drinks after work?

To: Catherine
5:54 Thu, May 14
We are on the patio at Quartion's - come!

To: Julie
6:08pm Thu, May 14
What time are we meeting up?

To: Catherine
10:33 Thu, May 14
Thanks for coming - glad you're home safe. I went to Caesars with Liz and Julie after all.

*To: Dan
12:18 am Fri, May 15
You are a lying liar

To: Dan
12:19 am Fri, May 15
Gert - I need to come clean

To: Rachel
12:29am Fri, May 15
Nothing - snake arms - but he keeps telling lies about our friends and I'm going to vampire kick him in the face - tell him that

To: Dan
12:32 am Fri, May 15
Guess. I'm a vampire kicking you in the face.

To: Rachel
12:33 am Fri, May 15
I am superman - and I can do anything - tomorrow - he knows what he did.

To: Dan
12:34 am Fri, May 15
YOU'RE the drunk girl!

To: Dan
12:36 am Fri, May 15
Stupid

To: Rachel
12:38 am Fri, May 15
No. Lies were told. Suffering will be had by all. Stop sitting in your bed next to the liar and texting me at the same time. How did the footlocker mtg go?

To: Dan
12:41 am Fri, May 15
We can talk tomorrow - just get ur dancing shoes shined. Did you look at my blog?

To: Scott
1:19 am Fri, May 15
Niiiitar

**To: Ashley
1:36 am Fri, May 15
I will most likely need u to bring me breakfast tomorrow.

To: Julia
1:37 am Fri, May 15
I'm an idiot. I'm a dancing fool. I'm an idiot.

***To: JT
1:39 am Fri, May 15
Because liz and wiz said and I'm an idiot

To: Julia
2:01 am Fri, May 15
I don't know.

****To: Nick
2:07 am Fri, May 15
Your favorite song is on!

To: Ashley
2:04 am Fri, May 15
This is bad news

To: Liz & Julie
10:12 am Fri, May 15
I might die. I love and hate u both.

To: Julie
11:39 am Fri, May 15
I'm wearing the same clothes I wore last night - but I look less like a pirate


So, basically I was yelling at Dan. Apparently he lied. Lied about what, though?

This should be a lesson to everyone - don't drink, stay in school and never, ever go out dressed as a pirate while you're reading up on vampire love - it makes you all crazy and stuff.

This song is making me feel better - this song and lots of water.





*The night had apparently taken a turn
**Thank you so much. You didn't have to do that. You're a great friend.
***I adore this kid, but he was not part of any conversation. I'm not sure how he was caught in the crossfire.
****Nick is my cousin. I don't know what his favorite song is.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAH!!! AND TELL ME HOW TO EMBED VIDEOS, VAMPIRE!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete