Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The World Is A Vampire!

About three things I am absolutely positive. First, I am not a vampire. Second, there is a part of mainstream popular culture - and I don't know how strong it is - that will not let this vampire feeding fever die. And third, and I swear to this, this post will officially and irrevocably be my *last mention of vampires on this blog.

I have finished the Twilight Saga, read the 264-pages of 'Edward's' version on StephanieMeyer.com and have watched the movie more than 5 times. I need to stop. I need to be done. It's over - I know how the story ends - officially - because I read it. But the world doesn't seem to care about my needs. The world wants to keep going with their own SparklyVampire love stories.

Exhibit A: CW Vampire Diaries TV Series Pilot Promo Trailer



Looks good, doesn't it. DOESN'T IT! I know, right?

So this vampire show, foreseeably about vampire love, is being touted as the '90210 for the dead crowd.' I don't know what that means, but it makes me nervous for high school teachers.

Exhibit B: Buffy's Back

It was also just announced that Buffy the Vampire Slayer will be coming back to the big screen. Interesting, I think. So, not only will people be watching their weekly dose of teenage vampire love on the small screen, we can also expect at least 4 more big screen flicks.

I don't know...this is a horrible blog post and I'm sorry.

I've decided I'm over it. I am now a Vampire Elitist and will not succumb to those low rate knockoffs. I am going to lust after the next big monster craze. Aliens? No. Demons? Probably not. Ghost? Yes! Ghost love is going to be it! Someone needs to make a great love story between a ghost and a human. Maybe there can be a sexy pottery scene and a loud-mouthed psychic with sass! By golly, that would be good....

Peace. I'm out.

*This rule does not include mentions of possible musicals and Sparkly Vampire Love (cause I just really like saying it)

2 comments:

  1. Buffy is obviously going to be around for our sisters children to see. She never dies and always has super hot boyfriends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And to think you tried to lie about reading the books...You are obsessed and need to stop with the vampire affair. That said, don't talk to me about ghosts...

    ReplyDelete