Wednesday, May 13, 2009

This is my Spring Break? - I think.

Recently, I have been a very serious girl. The no nonsense kind. The boring, go to bed early, have no social life or any interest other than vampire love kind. Well, I suppose this week is a little tiny break from that - a spring break of sorts. 

It started off Monday night which was filled with Thai food, Giant 47lb Rooster and tunes from the Little Mermaid - and I wasn't even alone!

Last night, I had fully intended to go home, read some more about vampire love, go to the gym and run while watching the Real Housewives of New Jersey, pack my lunch and go to bed. Responsible and typical behavior of a sad and lonely girl. That didn't happen. I was lured to Kirkwoods by a boy that claims to be related to the Hardy Boys. He was alone. He had beer. I tried to fight it, but he won. I was forced into fun.



Tomorrow night an old college roommate of mine is going to be gracing Chicago with her presence. There will be margaritas and old college stories and probably some smoking - presumably some puking, and a lot of slurred laughing and excited finger pointing. I'm excited.

Friday is also an adventure. Rachel and Gertrude, a boy that resembles a matured, whiskey drinking, cigarette smoking, stubble clad Cabbage Patch Kid, plan on taking me drinking and dancing. They plan on making me less boring. I can't fight their need, so I have conceded and will try to remember to wear comfortable shoes. 


Saturday? Some fancy hipster writer party with Catherine. I'll probably get shot. 

Tonight? Who knows.  But from what I can remember about college spring break and what I've learned from years of watching MTV, I should prepare myself for dehydration and an addition of 5lbs-7lbs on the scale. Perfect. 

I guess I'm living la vida loca - until next week when sad and lonely girl returns. 

5 comments:

  1. Second paragraph = Priceless. No sad and lonely girl next week because it's my b'day (only reminding you because you keep asking me to.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I get the Hardy Boy's video, but the tongs pinching that man's face over the grill?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in the future, and I know what you did Wednesday night. If not mistaken, you stole me from the gym and transported me to a land of half-priced Blue Moon and stories of super-human strength fueled by youth and jungle juice. This story concludes with a long, lonely walk back to 555 W. Roscoe in the midst of Tropical Storm Lakeview. I dreamed of Parliament Lights and Thursdays.

    ReplyDelete